Welcome to the Surf Motel & Gardens
Welcome to the Surf Motel & Gardens in Fort Bragg, CA. We invite you to stay in comfort in our newly renovated rooms with Cable TV, Free Wireless Internet, and a Continental Breakfast. Our property has extensive landscaping, and you’ll find some color in the gardens year-round. Enjoy our ocean-view gazebo in the middle of a garden!
Surf Motel & Gardens is located in the heart of Mendocino's beautiful rugged coast at the south end of Fort Bragg at the intersection of Highway 20 and Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway).
- AAA inspected and rated
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Beautifully landscaped grounds with ocean-view gazebo
- Modern one-story units with exterior entrances
- Ample parking area for recreational and commercial vehicles
- We offer free rides on our new 9-person shuttle to the Skunk Train, Botanical Gardens, and local restaurants.
- Queen, King, and Two Queen rooms
- Two-room suites with kitchens (sleep six)
- Non-smoking rooms available
- In-room coffee and tea
- Designated rooms available for pets
- All rooms have a microwave and mini-refrigerator.
- Direct-dial room phones with voicemail and data ports
- Cable Television
- Free Wireless Internet
- Excellent restaurants nearby
- Outdoor facilities for divers and fisherman
- Conveniently located next to the Boatyard Shopping Center, where you’ll find a grocery store, a deli, a pharmacy, a pizza parlor, an auto parts store, and more.
- Close to the Skunk Train, hiking, boating, fishing, horseback riding, Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, dog-friendly beaches, and more...
Visiting the Mendocino Coast
For those who love the outdoors, the Mendocino Coast has everything. Walk through the giant redwoods or along the rugged coastline for beauty beyond compare. Ride the historic Skunk Train through the redwoods. Witness the annual California Gray Whale migration. Collect sea shells and driftwood or fish for the finest steelhead and salmon. Visit the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, the Point Cabrillo Lighthouse, picturesque Noyo Fishing Village, and the historic village of Mendocino. Enjoy the beauty of Van Damme, Russian Gulch and MacKerricher Beach State Parks and the nearby Pygmy Forest.
The Surf Motel & Gardens is the ideal location for a family vacation any time of year. Group bookings at discounted rates are also available. We’re also pet-friendly, so check us out if you are traveling with your pet. We even provide a fenced-in exercise area for dogs.