Local Services Around Surf Motel & Gardens
Surf Motel & Gardens is conveniently located at the south end of Fort Bragg, CA. There are quite a few services nearby, including many within walking distance.
Grocery Stores / Drug Stores / Pharmacies
- Harvest Market: next door in the Boatyard Shopping Center. This is an excellent grocery store with a great deli.
- Safeway: 24-hour Safeway is just a mile to the north on Main Street (Highway One). Includes a deli, bakery, and pharmacy.
Medical Services / Emergencies
- For any medical emergency, call 911.
- Mendocino Coast District Hospital: located at 700 River Dr. Go north on Main Street / Highway 1, crossing the Noyo Bridge. Turn right at the first light (about a half-mile from the motel) onto Cypress Street, and the hospital is a half-mile ahead on the right. 707-961-1234
- Poison Control: 800-876-4766 or 800-222-1222
- Police in Fort Bragg: located at corner of Cypress Street and Franklin Street, just before the Hospital. 707-964-0200
- Highway Patrol Road & Weather: 707-463-4722 0r 467-1013
- Mendo Bistro: Fine dining. In the historic Company Store Building, 301-J N. Main St. 707-964-4974
- Rendezvous: Fine dining at top Zagat-rated restaurant on the Mendocino Coast. 647 N. Main St. 707-964-8142
- The Restaurant: local favorite for over 30 years. 418 N Main Street 707-964-9800
- Fort Bragg Steakhouse: serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. 546 S Main Street 707-962-0539
- North Coast Brewing Co: dinners only. Sample beers while you eat.
- Chapter and Moon: down in Noyo Harbor. American food with a California twist.
- Cafe One: north end of Ft Bragg on Main Street. Organic, healthy food. 707-964-3309
- Silver’s at the Wharf: down in Noyo Harbor, a local favorite. Fresh seafood and American food. 32260 N Harbor Drive 707-964-4283
- V’Canto: fine Italian food and lounge. 124 E. Laurel St. 707-964-6844
Informal Restaurants and Fast Food
- Cap’n Flint’s: down in Noyo Harbor. Fresh seafood. 32250 N. Harbor Dr. 707-964-9447
- Egghead: breakfast and lunch. 326 N. Main St. 707-964-5005
- Taqueria Ricarda: excellent Mexican food. On Oak Street, about 8 blocks east of Main Street.
- Homestyle Cafe: a half-mile north on Main Street. Breakfast and lunch. 790 S. Main St.
- Piaci Pub & Pizzeria: excellent pizza, great beer selection. 120 W. Redwood Ave. 707-761-1133
- Boatyard Pizza: next door in the Boatyard Shopping Center.
- Round Table Pizza: a half-mile north on Main Street. 800 S Main Street 707-964-4987
- D’Aurelio’s: family-style Italian food and pizza. 438 S. Franklin St. 707-964-4227
- McDonald’s: across the street from Surf Motel.
- Laurel Deli & Desserts: deli + homemade pies and desserts. 401 N. Main St. 707-964-7812
Local Radio Stations
- KOZT: FM 95.2 and 95.9 : 707-964-7277 or 1-800-39-COAST
- KMFB: FM 92.7 and 96.7 : 707-964-5307
- KZYX: FM 90.7 : 707-895-2324
- Headlands Coffeehouse: 120 E. Laurel St. Coffee, espresso, light meals. Wireless Internet access. Local music on weekends.
- Starbucks: a half-mile north on Main Street, across the street from Safeway.
- NAPA Auto Parts: next door in the Boatyard Shopping Center.
- Coast Cinemas: shows 4-6 first-run movies at any given time. 167 S. Franklin St. 707-964-2019